LatherRinseRepeat--Yeah right

Ramblings of an over-worked, over-tired SAHM

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Explanation of Last Post

I suppose I should explain why my Christmas was lousy.

Well, basically A. decided to go spend Christmas Eve with his father and family attending a party somewhere near his father's house. He also decided to spend the night there and open his gifts on Christmas morning with his father, stepmother, and "little brother". Normally we go to the candlelight service at church on Christmas Eve and then open gifts when we wake up Christmas morning. A said he'd be home by 11am. Needless to say, I was not happy about this.

If you'll recall, this is the same father who basically stole his college fund and I had to get a lawyer to work the whole thing out last year. The same father who was there for him only when it was convenient. The same father couldn't be bothered to give me and A a ride to the emergency room (my car was in the shop) when A was 6 years old and was having a severe reaction to an ant bite (high fever, hand so swollen it looked like a boxing glove and vomiting). His father was 10 minutes away at the grandparents house but he sent the grandfather to take us. He graciously called 12 hours later to see if everything was alright. The same father who decided he should stop paying child support a week before A turned 18.

So I basically told A that if he was going to continue to be part of this family, then he needed to be here for Christmas Eve and morning. If he chose not to be, that was fine but then he could ask his dad to support him from here on out or he could support himself because I refuse to be his doormat anymore. If he has that little respect for me and my feelings, then why should I continue to be the jackass paying all the bills? So he left. He never called or showed up for Christmas. He sent me an email today saying he would not be going with us on vacation (we're leaving for Whistler tomorrow).

So, I guess that's that. After all the years I sacrificed to make sure he had everything he needed and most of what he wanted. All the years I spent working 2 jobs most of the time to keep him clothed and fed and giving him a private school education, this is how he repays me. Fine. I'll get over it. Eventually.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Site Counter