LatherRinseRepeat--Yeah right

Ramblings of an over-worked, over-tired SAHM

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Have you ever noticed....

that you never injure yourself doing something smart? Like have you ever heard someone say, "Oh, I was doing the smartest thing on earth when I hurt my _________(insert random body part here)"? Nope, it's always doing the stupid stuff that gets us hurt. And it's always so embarrassing to admit how you hurt yourself when someone asks. For instance, today I am running around with a pretty swollen, somewhat bruised, right eye. It looks lovely, NOT!!

How did I hurt my eye, you might as, as my co-workers did this morning? Well, ummm, I was, ummm, shooting a rubber band? Who was I shooting a rubber band at is the next logical question, of course. Well, ummm, it wasn't a 'who' so much as a 'what'. See, I decided to be clever last night and shot a rubber band at a fly. Yes, you read that right, at a fly. Oh, I'm sure I could have grabbed a fly swatter or even a piece of rolled up newspaper, but oh no, I had to shoot a rubber band at it.

So, there I was, lining up my shot. I closed one eye to be able to aim just right. I pull back the rubber band to get that fly good and THHHWWAAAP!!!! the rubber band broke and popped right back at my eye. OUCH!!! I think I saw stars. It was a good 2 minutes (maybe longer) before I could even speak, it hurt so bad. I think I'm just lucky that I had my contacts in. That probably protected my eye a bit. I spent most of the rest of the evening with an ice pack on my eye and I'm a bit surprised my eye wasn't swollen shut this morning. It's still kinda sore but I think I might just survive it now.

Fortunately, my co-workers know me and D well enough to not think for even a moment that it could have been him that blackened my eye. Poor guy, he was a bit worried that he'd somehow get blamed for it. Nope, no wife beating going on here. Just plain old stupidity.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger Granny said…

    Thank you for the warning. The youngest was trying to kill a fly with a rubber band this very afternoon. She missed with no damage to herself or the fly.

    I'll tell her what happened to you.

    Hope it heals soon.

    (Not that I'm comparing you to a 12 year old of course)

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger Marni said…

    Wow! A rubber band gave you a black eye? Amazing! Some things are so random and freaky...

    bet the fly was laughing he little ass off at you, too.

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger ccw said…

    Oh, I was doing the smartest thing on earth when I hurt my

    That is so funny and so true!

    This is something I would do; I injure myself a lot. Plus, I bruise very easily so I am sure people have thought I was being beaten from the looks of my arms and legs.

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Biddie said…

    LOL! That's the way that I usually get hurt, too! I broke foot last year - by stepping on it.
    Guess you had to be there.
    Those that know me don't even question it anymore.
    Hope you're seeing single again soon. :0)

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    Hahaha!

    How about the injuries you never remember getting to begin with? More and more of those are happening to me...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Site Counter