LatherRinseRepeat--Yeah right

Ramblings of an over-worked, over-tired SAHM

Friday, July 14, 2006

Leaving on a Jet Plane

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go................

OK, so my bags aren't finished packing and I am far from ready to go but I couldn't resist throwing a corny song in here. Anyway, we're leaving for Albuquerque tomorrow at noon. This is an important trip for us because it's where we are considering moving to next summer. We've never been there but we like what we've heard and read about it. Is it wierd to consider moving somewhere you've never been to??

We'll be checking it out and maybe looking at a few houses. But mostly we'll be neighborhood shopping - you know, figuring out what area we'd like to live in since you know the 3 most important things when looking at real estate are location, location, location. We'd like to find an area with good schools (although I am not opposed to private school either). Most importantly, we want to avoid gated communities and zero lot lines. We'd like to not hear our neighbors flush their toilets, thank you very much.

I hope I do alright with the altitude since Albuquerque is at about 5,000 feet and I'm a sea-level kind of gal, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I did fine when we were in Lake Tahoe in December and the condo we stayed in was at the top of a mountain at 7,500 feet so I should be alright. It will be blissful to get way from the humidity here, which generally runs about 70% on a good day, and the mosquitoes. N. in particular gets eaten alive by mosquitoes this time of year and she's allergic to them so the bites swell up tremendously. Here's a picture of her eye last year when she got a bite right next to it. It looks like someone slugged her.



So we won't miss mosquitoes at all if we move to Albuquerque.

Well, I'll be back on the 22nd. We're taking the laptop so I might be able to post while we're gone, we'll see. Meanwhile, if anyone has any suggestions of what to do or see in Albuquerque, I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Marni said…

    Have a safe trip! You get to be in the "heat hot" type of heat. Love it!

    I used to get those types of mosquito bites, too, but grew out of them. I hope it happens that way for your daughter! That picture brings back memories!

     
  • At 1:52 AM, Blogger Granny said…

    I lived there for a few months many years ago.

    The only thing I remember vividly was the food. It's the only place I've found really good sopapillas.

    It's beautiful of course; I remember that much.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Site Counter