LatherRinseRepeat--Yeah right

Ramblings of an over-worked, over-tired SAHM

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Maybe not so dumb after all

I got a phone call yesterday from a detective at our local police department about our debit card situation. Detective Would-Like-To-Help-But-Can't says that there isn't much they can do to catch or stop this person. I'll give you a quick rundown of why:

The credit report thing - they can't PROVE who was actually AT the keyboard requesting the reports.

The electric bill thing - my bank will eventually refund my money to me for this so technically the electric company is the ultimate victim since they are the ones that will be out the money when the bank reverses those charges. Unfortunately, the electric company will just write this off as a loss according to Detective WLTHBC and generally do not cooperate with the police to investigate this kind of thing. So apparently, this person could theoretically do this with a different stolen credit card number every month and never get caught. (And I thought they were dumb!! Maybe those of us who actually PAY OUR BILLS are the dumb ones).

The diet pill thing - not Detective WLTHBC's jurisdiction and even if it was, it's a misdemeanor so no one is going to bother.

The distributing company thing - didn't involve the US Postal Service so nothing can be done there either. If it HAD involved something being sent to her through the regular mail, THEN she could have been prosecuted for mail fraud. THAT she could have gone to jail for. Go figure.

Oh well, guess the bitch gets away with it. All I can do now is send her an anonymous email telling her what a fucking low-life, scum she is and perhaps mention that the police know who she is and may be coming after her skanky ass. It won't change anything but it'll make me feel better about the whole thing.

By the way, I woke up with a killer sore throat and sound like I swallowed a frog. This is so not a good day to feel this way. N.'s 3rd bithday party is on Sunday and I need to go out and order the cake and food today as well as get the stuff for the goodie bags. Heck, maybe I'll just stay in bed all day and try to get better and just have D. go get everything done on Saturday ---- YEAH, RIGHT, like that's ever going to happen. LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Site Counter