LatherRinseRepeat--Yeah right

Ramblings of an over-worked, over-tired SAHM

Sunday, March 25, 2007

No Privacy At All Around Here

First of all, thank you very much for all the birthday wishes. It means alot to me that you all have stuck with reading my blog even though I don't update it nearly enough. I had a really wonderful birthday and your well wishes added to it.

Now, on to the privacy thing. I'm not one of these paranoid people that think "Big Brother" is spying on me or anything, but holy cow, does information travel fast these days. Tuesday morning, when I left the house to take the kids to school and go to work, we were running a bit behind (as usual) so I might have been in a bit more of a hurry driving down our street than I should have been. (You can see where this is going, can't you?) So, wouldn't you know it, one of our cities finest motorcycle officers was hiding in the bushes down the street, just waiting for me to speed on by. Yep, caught in a speed trap. I got a lovely $157.50 ticket for going 38 in a 25 MPH zone. Not a huge deal, it just got my morning off to the wrong start. But I'll just pay $75 to the ticket clinic and let them handle it. In about 6 months I'll get a letter saying it was dismissed.

But, here's where the privacy thing comes in and how fast word gets around. I got that ticket just after 8am on Tuesday. In the mail on Friday, was a letter from a lawyer in the area offering his services to handle my ticket. Holy cow!! They must hover at the court house when they enter the tickets in the system. I mean, I know traffic violations are public record and all that, but I still feel a bit exposed about the whole thing. Maybe it's just me but sometimes it feels like our lives are a bit too much of an open book these days. Know what I mean?

1 Comments:

  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Biddie said…

    That is spooky. I think that I would begin to feel a bit paranoid myself. Mind you, with my legal issues, I could a good lawyer!
    It does make you wonder how these lawyers find out about the prospective clients.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Site Counter