LatherRinseRepeat--Yeah right

Ramblings of an over-worked, over-tired SAHM

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Lordy, Lordy, Look who's 40!!!

Yep, it's official. I have reached the big 4 - 0!!

Not a bad day so far. I got to sleep in past 9am then went out to breakfast at the Original Pancake House. We got lucky and were seated almost immediately, the food came out really fast and we were out of there before the big after church crowd hit. Sweet!

We're headed to the children's museum soon for a birthday party for one of N's little friends from school. I almost wish I could just stay home and relax with a good book all afternoon, but the museum is pretty big and poor D would be overwhelmed trying to keep up with 2 active preschoolers there without me. So I guess I'll go. It's only 2 hours so I can relax with a good book later while the kids nap. That's the plan anyway, we'll see how it goes.

Tonight, we're going out to dinner. D gave me a choice of places and said we could go with or without the kids. I chose with the kids. I've suddenly realized that with A going off to college in a few months, this may be my last birthday with all 3 kids together for a while. Guess it's a big birthday in lots of ways.

Well, gotta go wrap the present and change N's shirt. Mental note - preschooler with white shirt + blueberry pancakes = not a good idea. Oh well, at least I buy the stain spray in the giant economy size.

I'm off to celebrate. Thanks Elisabeth and Amy for stopping by and wishing me a happy birthday. Oh, and thanks for calling this morning Erica. I'll call you later.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Granny said…

    A very Happy 40th to you!! Enjoy your evening out.

    I'm confused. You're wrapping your own present? I must have missed something.

    Ann

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger Ann said…

    Thanks!!
    I was actually wrapping the gift for the birthday party we were going to for one of N's little friends from school.
    However, years ago, when it was just A and I, I used to buy and wrap my own Christmas gift to put under the tree so he wouldn't ask why Santa wasn't bringing me any presents. Kinda sad thinking about it now, but at the time it made perfect sense.

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Liz Miller said…

    Happy birthday to you!!!

    It's a great day for a birthday, isn't it?

    My sister's MIL turned 70 today and my cousin turned 8. It's a birthday extravaganza!

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger jo(e) said…

    Happy Birthday!

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Biddie said…

    Happy 40th birthday!
    I used to wrap my own Christmas gifts from Santa, too, when I was on my own. One year, all I had to wrap for myself was much needed underwear. The girls thought that I must've been naughty, cuz that was all that he brought me!

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger ccw said…

    Happy (belated) Birthday!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Site Counter